For the Jambites, going to the University offers endless freedom to them and the first time ever to have this freedom is during Jamb examination. Next is the Post UTME examination. While many parents go with their candidates, many others are too engaged to have the time to go with them.
This freedom gives students the opportunity to move as they like. In many cases, some candidates visits their boyfriends/girlfriends and stay for a week or so without concerns that family and friend will be worried over their silence.
So, if you are planning to travel after your Post UTME exam, this is what you should do. Of course we may not be able to stop you from doing what you planned to do. First of all, we advise that it is unwise to travel after your exam without the permission of your parents. However, if you wish to go on with your plans, then you must do this.
- The travel may take a turn that you did not expect. Some of the persons being visited were seen online and some are ritualists but you won’t know.
- Some may be genuine people but one this led to another, trouble may arise and you are far away from home.
- To avoid bad situation, tell a friend where you are going. He/she may be a friend from home, fellow Jambte/Post UTME candidate, or family member who you trust. You are notifying this person in case. So when your family did not hear from you, this person can give a report.
- You must describe the location, phone number and name of the person you are visiting. If possible, once you get there, text your confidant that you are there already. So that if no one hears from you again, your confidant can confirm to the Police that you got there.
- Be very sensitive to the place you are going to. As you approach the location/building, allow your spirit to talk to you. If your body did not move you, go back. Do not allow yourself to be trapped before you realize. Do not go to quiet or secluded area.
- Observe the eye contact of those around. Some persons who sense that you are the next victim may give you eye contact warning but cannot say anything.
- If you are taken to a hotel, make friend with a staff there immediately. You can drop your parents’ contact with that your new friend. Per adventure anything happens, he will be the one to contact your people.
- Increase your sense of observation. Too many persons want to make quick wealth now. Do not be a victim. Look everything, suspect everything, do not be blinded by the love you are being shown and the enjoyment. Reason all the ‘whys’ and suspect actions if anything is fishy.
- Keep updating your confidant at home. Check on him/her is your people are worried. You must have enjoyed yourself a little. Oya, do make you come dey go home. Lols.
- Do not drop toilet rolls you used previously. Flush all of them. If you used pad, ensure you take it home or dispose it yourself. Do not leave it with the hotel.
I wish to state that this material is published as an advisory and not recommending candidates to travel without their parents’ notice. But when you find yourself already in such situation, kindly ensure you do all you can to avoid bad circumstances.