As Jamb deadline approaches there have been a pressure on prospective candidates, NIN officers Jamb site and CBT officials. Due to the number of candidates accessing the site, most times the site do experience traffic or glitch.
Here are some guidelines for a successful profile creation. Before, now many candidates have issues creating profile code.
Hence, this post is created to guide you to a successful profile creation and jamb registration. Of course, you know without profile code jamb registration cannot be possible.
Announcement: Jamb registration deadline is 26th March, 2022.
In this post we will be looking at these topic stated below.
- UTME Profile code Creation Procedure
- How to link your number to your NIN
- How to Check or Retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) Via USSD
1. UTME Profile code Creation Procedure:
NOTE: Before getting a profile code,
- Make sure the SIM card you want to use is successfully linked to your NIN
- Make sure you have at least 50 airtime on your main balance
- If your balance is promo from your network, you will have issues. Unsubscribe from any airtime bonus you have and buy normal card.
Step 1: Open your Phone Message
Step 2: Send NIN To 55019 or 66019 (i.e. NIN 2224443534**)
To officially get your JAMB profile code, Type the word NIN then space and add your 11 digit NIN nmber and send it to 55019 or 66019 through SMS.
e.g NIN 12345678999
There should be a space between the word NIN and your 11 digit NIN number. You will receive a 10-character Profile-code on the same telephone number which will be used to procure your JAMB E-PIN for 2022 UTME Registration.
If it doesn’t work, try it at night around 11pm, 2am and 5am. After many attempts and your profile code is not provided, kindly visit the nearest NIMC office for assistance.
2. How to link your number to your NIN
For MTM Users
Step 1: Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link
Step 2: enter your NIN and submit
Step 3: Or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically
For Airtel Users
Step 1: Dial *121#
Step 2: Choose option 1
Step 3: Impute your NIN 11 digits
Or download my airtel app and link your NIN directly
For Glo Users
Send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109. For example, send “UPDATENIN 12345678903 Ozubide Senior” to 109.
For 9 Mobile Users
3. How to Check or Retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) Via USSD
Dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN. This service is FREE OF CHARGE on all the Nigerian – Mobile Networks including MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9mobile.