Many students are finding it hard to access their online profiles to see what’s up with their fees and registrations. This is as a result of lack of awareness of what is used to login to their profiles to process their documents. Some cafes are also fond of with-holding logins with the aim of keeping customers, thereby keeping students in the dark as it regards to their logins.
What You Must Know
All students of NDU have a profile with www.ndufees.com. NDU fees is the portal for processing receipts for school fees, medicals/xray, matric gown, course enrolment, accommodation, transfer, transcript, skill acquisition, convocation and certificate. Your login in ndufees is an email (maybe your email or another one created for you by your café personnel) and a password. The password can be what you gave to your café personnel or what they may have used for you. Whatever the case may be, kindly refer to your café connect to know what is used to process your login.
All students also have www.ndu-eface.edu.ng logins. However, username logins here are usually Jamb number for 100 level students and Matriculation number for 200 level students and above.
While there are other online profiles for NDU students, we shall be restricted to the discussion of these two portals above.
NDU Fees Login
If you are having issues login in to your NDU fees profile, you have two choices to rectify it. The two choices are as stated below:
- Change Password
- Update email
1. Change Password:
To change your ndufees password, visit www.ndufees.com.
- Click/hover over sign in
- Click sign in
- Ignore email and password and check the bottom and click “forgot password”.
- Insert your email used to login to ndufees and the Jamb number or matric number currently being used for ndufees.
- A one time password (OTP) will be sent to your email.
- Login to your email and get it. Insert it in the next page in ndufees where you are changing your password and enter a new password.
- Re-enter the password in the next tab to confirm and proceed.
- Your profile is ready for use!
- Note: If your email is not accessible, kindly go for email update option.
2. Update Email
To update your email in ndufees means that you no longer remember the email used to create your profile. To do this, kindly take the following steps:
- Visit ndufees.com
- Click/hover over sign in
- Click “update email”
- Insert your Mat. No. or Jamb number depending on what you are currently using in that profile.
- A message will pop up notifying you to pay N208 (the A & U Ng office charge N500 for email update).
- Click ok and pay. Once paid successfully, you will receive an OTP in your phone used to create the ndufees profile.
- Insert the OTP in the next page and enter your new email. Ensure you have access to the new email. If you do not receive the OTP sent to your phone, kindly visit the Teesoft office at main campus to get it. Once you are satisfied here, click proceed.
- Once done successfully, you will receive OTP in your email. Get it and insert it in the new page with your new password. Verify and you have successfully changed your ndufees email and password.
If you are unable to do this, kindly visit the A & U Ng Smart office to get your login back with just N500.
The A & U Ng Office is located at:
No. 1 NDU Road,
Beside Main Campus gate,