5 Ways to Know If You Have Been Given Admission
There are cases of students missing their admission because they have no idea that they have been given admission. This post is for applicants to be able to know the various means they can be notified of their admission status by their school of choices.
This post will point out and explain 5 different ways candidates can know if they have been offered admission by any school.
5 Ways Candidates can Check If They have been Offered Admission by Any School
- JAMB CAPS: JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) makes it possible for prospective candidates seeking admission into various tertiary institutions to monitor their admission status and easily know when they have been offered admission by any institution. I have earlier made a post to guide candidates on how to access the JAMB CAPS.
- School Portal: Almost all the tertiary institutions in Nigeria now have their own websites. Most of this schools do announce the release of admission list and publish the names of admitted students on their websites. Candidates seeking admission are supposed to know the official website of their school of choice and closely monitor it to know when such announcements concerning admission has been made.
- SMS notification: Most school will require that you provide your active Phone number during Post-UTME or admission registration in the school. Many of these school will notify you once you have been offered admission in the school by sending a text message to the phone number you used when you applied for admission in the school. This is why it is advisable that candidates provide their active phone number if required while applying for admission.
- JAMB Matriculation List: This was recently introduced by JAMB. Candidates can confirm if they have been offered admission and if their admission is recognized by JAMB via the JAMB Matriculation List portal.
- Email Notification: Just like phone numbers, many schools equally do ask candidates to provide their email address while applying for admission. Admission notifications are equally sent to candidates via this medium. The unfortunate thing, however, is that many candidates hardly check their emails. If you are an admission seeker, it is advisable that you check your email address regularly in case your school decides to send admission notification via this method.
From the desk of the Admin
(NDU LATTEST NEWS)